This award winning winery for sale is located in a popular tourist destination. It is a family owned/operated business started by people with a love of fine wine.

The business for sale consists of a vineyard, a tasting room/gift shop, and a banquet facility/winery. The gift shop is housed in a 19th century farmhouse and is decorated with antiques. It carries the winery’s wines, wine accessories, gifts and locally made delicacies. It also offers made-to-order gift baskets for sale. The adjoining tasting room is where new and old guests can taste one of the many wines offered. It has a beautiful cherry bar. Guests can linger over a glass of wine while exploring the grounds or sitting at one of the many comfortable seating options on the wide porches or in the gardens.

The banquet facility easily accommodates 60-70 guests meeting for catered events. It also converts to a lecture space that easily seats 100. The banquet facility has an antique mirror-backed tasting bar that is a beautiful focal point of the room. The winery processing rooms are adjacent to the facility. These rooms transform grapes grown in the on-site vineyard into award winning wines. The vineyard surrounds a gazebo that is used for summer weddings. The winery offers membership in a wine club. It currently has over 500 members and is still growing! Event hosting and participation has helped the winery to gain recognition and grow revenues. Sales from the gift shop and/or wine club account for 90% of revenues. The remaining 10% comes from retailer and/or restaurants where the wines are offered.

The Indiana wineries industry is healthy and growing. Indiana has approximately 80 wineries producing over 1.4 million gallons of wine per year from grapes grown on 650 local acres. Average size wineries are producing approximately 3,000 to 5,000 cases of wine per year. Indiana wines are considered very good and improving. Locally grown grapes are competing successfully with fruit from other wine growing areas such as Napa, Sonoma and Paso Robles. Hybrid grapes, such as Traminette, are dominant as they are able to handle the harsh Midwest winters. Indiana’s taste is still for sweet wines but is trending towards dry. Wineries are also playing a large part in agritourism in Indiana, giving people a chance to see the whole wine making process from start to finish.

With agritourism becoming bigger by the year in Indiana, this winery is poised for significant growth. If you love wine, then this is an excellent opportunity to get into a growing industry.

Due to the unique nature of this business and the variety of acquisition structures that the Seller is willing to entertain, it will be assumed that the purchaser and/or advisor of Purchaser, will possess sufficient financial sophistication to determine value and submit a purchase offer.

Posted Dec 23, 2015

Did you know that social networking is a great way to buy a business? Sign up now and we'll show you how.

By clicking "Sign Up" you confirm that you accept the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy, including cookie use.

Disclaimer: MergerNetwork has not independently verified any of the information in this listing and makes no warranty as to its accuracy or completeness.