We are pleased to offer a terrific business that specializes in environmental hazard abatement to clients throughout Michigan from its 8,800 square foot facility in southern Michigan. Unfortunately, one of the owners has some health issues that now require the sale of the business to only its second owner in the businesses’ 31-year history. This unfortunate set of circumstances could be your opportunity.
The business has eight full-time employees and a number of part-time employees, all non-union and all of whom are both fully trained and carry appropriate State of Michigan licenses. The company’s revenues are 75% generated from B2B contracts that include municipal buildings, industrial facilities, hospitals and the like. The remaining 25% of revenues come from the residential community. There is no client concentration.
The business is known as a leader in the industry using best practices in its fields. It also has an outstanding record with the State’s environmental agency. Major services include asbestos abatement (50% of revenues), mold abatement (35%), and lead abatement (15%).
Revenues have ranged the past several years from $850,000 to $900,000. In 2015, revenues of $904,000 resulted in Seller’s Discretionary Earnings (SDE – the normalized cash flow available for an owner-operator to pay himself and service debt) of an impressive $260,000. The business is listed for $950,000, an attractive 3.65x SDE and just over 1.0x revenues. The listing price includes nearly $100,000 of inventory and $150,000 of equipment. A meaningful seller note will be available for a qualified buyer. The real estate is owned by the sellers and can be purchased in a separate transaction or leased under favorable terms.
Obvious growth opportunities include the possibility of expanding into neighboring states, something that has not been an option due to the health issues mentioned above.
Asking Price $950,000
You May Also Like
Established Environmental Services Business #406837 posted May 9, 2016
- Michigan, United States
- Between $1,000,000 and $2,500,000
Founded decades ago, the Company is a multi-disciplinary consulting and engineering firm providing environmental, health and safety, geotechnical and remediation services. Their expertise is utilized by industrial manufacturers, commercial clients, financial institutions, insurance companies, real estate...
Highly Profitable Niche Restoration Service #354632 posted Apr 15, 2014
- Michigan, United States
Located in Southeast MI for the past 14 years this well established licensed & certified mold remediation company has been helping businesses and residential clients by insuring a clean and healthy indoor environment. This company is a one stop shop and includes full range of services, such as inspection,...
Milwaukee Junk Removal / Recycling & Drop-Off Bus. #449203 posted Jul 11, 2016
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
This is an established junk removal and recycling business geared toward clients that are: B2C (business to consumer), B2B (business) and B2G (government). We are the “greenest” company in the junk removal industry recycling 65% of all items removed from job sites. Recycling vendors remove the recyclables...
Disclaimer: MergerNetwork has not independently verified any of the information in this listing and makes no warranty as to its accuracy or completeness.