COMPANY is looking to consolidate the fragmented wireless internet service provider (“WISP”) industry in South Africa to create the biggest independent wireless broadband company in the country, as an opportunity exist due to the current market being fragmented and having no significant player.
COMPANY has recently acquired additional sizeable WISP’s to bolt on to its existing operations and is looking to further expand the group through further acquisitions.
COMPANY’s main business segment will be the provision of internet services via wireless “last mile” through its WISP alliance. It currently utilises a network of 506 high sites, 291 of these are 100% owned.
There are two main growth strategies for COMPANY: a) Growth through acquisition; and b) Growth through expansion of WISP’s.
• The clients’ main concern is quality and price, with COMPANY’s economies of scale and localized service, COMPANY can provide both better than any competitor.
• Through COMPANY’s free WiFi initiatives, COMPANY has become the biggest procurer of WiFi equipment in South Africa and one of the largest bandwidth procurers which provides a competitive advantage for pricing.
• COMPANY can deliver the same product as other ISP’s at almost half the price, if necessary.
• The only advantage fixed line services had over WISP’s historically was performance. Now with improved technology wireless networks can deliver similar speeds as fiber.
• COMPANY can provide localized product and services due to the decentralized model which is a key competitive advantage over larger telecom companies.
• COMPANY has also licensed 3.5GHz spectrum, which will allow COMPANY to reach more clients in areas where the spectrum would otherwise be saturated.
• COMPANY can enter into license agreements with WISP’s whereby WISP’s are allowed to use the 3.5GHz spectrum in exchange for a formula based fee.
Most WISPs founded in the last 15 years in South Africa.
Currently just over 150 WISPs are registered with WAPA, however, approximately 200 are estimated to be operating in SA.
The majority of WISPs operate in non-metropolitan areas. These areas have the least amount of fixed line penetration.
The WISP target market is estimated at 3.35 million customers (less than 10% of this market is serviced).
WISPs grow at an average of 40% annually based on retail clients.
By 2019 there will also be a market of 450 000 corporate clients for WISPs.
As of March 2015, Revenues of $6.5mn and Net Profit of $0mn.
As of March 2016, Revenues of $8.5mn and Net Profit of $1.25mn.
As of March 2017, Projected Revenues of $17.5mn and Net Profit of $3.75mn.
As of March 2018, Projected Revenues of $22mn and Net Profit of $5mn.
COMPANY is looking to raise between $ 4.6mn (10%) and $9.2mn (20%) at an effective P/E ratio of 10 to complete the identified pipeline acquisitions.
Asking Price Between $5,000,000 and $7,500,000
Sales Between $5,000,000 and $10,000,000
Profit Between $1,000,000 and $2,500,000
You May Also Like
eCommerce Service Provider #453942 posted Sep 15, 2016
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
The Company is an all-encompassing eCommerce service provider. They design and operate online stores allowing brands to sell direct to consumers. They work with many well-known international companies in the Beauty, Fashion and Luxury markets. They handle total design, SEO, digital marketing, fulfillment,...
Internet Service Provider #391938 posted Oct 13, 2015
- New York, United States
- Between $1,000,000 and $2,500,000
Founded in 1995, this well established Internet Solution Provider sets a high “Quality of Service” (QOS) standard for customers. The ISP can provide specific turnkey internet solutions rather than a one-size fits all approach. The customer gets competitive pricing along with all IP based services and...
Internet Transmission #456420 posted Oct 22, 2016
- South Carolina, United States
This is a Home Based business that can be operated Anywhere in the country. The Product is Sales, Installation and Service to internet commercial lodging. For additional information please contact broker. Relocate anywhere. All Services are provided through permanent Sub Contractors.
Did you know that social networking is a great way to buy a business? Sign up now and we'll show you how.
Disclaimer: MergerNetwork has not independently verified any of the information in this listing and makes no warranty as to its accuracy or completeness.