Vertical Q&A "Quora-style" Site SEEKING ACQUISITION OFFERS. Largest Q&A Community In Its Industry. 35+ Million Unique Visitors per Year. Top 10,000 Site GLOBALLY. 12+ Years Running/Growing (Established 2004). 100% Organic Traffic. $0 Ad Spend Budget. $0 Marketing/Sales Costs. $0 VC or Other Investment Funds. 1.9 Million Posts. 500,000+ Questions. Secure, Fast Loading, Efficient Code (Developed and Run By 34+ Year Programmer). 70% of Traffic Aged 18-35. Amazing Site Reputation With Google. Attracted 106,700,000 users In the Last 3 Years.
- Launched 2004. 12+ years of growth.
- 35+ Million unique visitors per year (approx 3 million uniques per month).
- 106+ Million unique visitors in last 3 years.
- 2013 = 31.3M users. 2014 = 35.7M users. 2015 = 38.6M users.
- 1.9 Million posts, 500,000+ threads.
- Secure, Fast Loading, Efficient Code (Developed and Run By 34+ Year Programmer)
- Demographic Interests: employment, travel, accommodation, post-secondary, financial services
- Mixed international traffic from USA, India, UK, Philippines, Canada, Australia, Germany, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Russia, United Arab Emirates, Brazil, Thailand, Japan
- 100% organic traffic
- $0 advertising, sales, marketing spend.
Answers Site / Answers Corporation
(2005) Answers was launched and traded on the NASDAQ under symbol "ANSW".
(2011) AFCV Holdings (parent company: Summit Partner) acquired Answers at 33% above the company's average closing stock price, for a sum of $127 million and de-listed it from the stock exchange.
(2014) Apax Partners (UK private equity firm) invested 43% equity in Answers and acquired 91% of the company in 2014 for a reported $900 million valuation (source: Moody's Investors Services as reported by PEHub.com)
(2011) Quora reached 150,000 unique visitors per month.
(2014) Quora raised $80 Million in a venture capital round led by Tiger Global at a near $1 Billion unicorn valuation ($900 million).
(2008) Vertical Q&A site, Stack Overflow (owned by parent company Stack Exchange) launched as "a question and answer website for professional and enthusiast programmers".
(2010) Stack Overflow raised US$6 million in venture capital from Union Square Ventures and other investors.
(2011) Stack Overflow raised an additional $12 million in funding led by Index Ventures with participation from Spark Capital and Union Square Ventures (valued at $80 Million)
(2015) Stack Exchange (parent company) raised $40 million in Series D funding led by Venture Capital firm Andreessen-Horowitz at $459 Million valuation (101 million monthly unique visitors).
IDEAL ACQUISITION FOR:
1. Strategic brands (Corporate Venture firms) in this specific "language/learning" market or looking for global brand awareness and wanting to own a loyal audience driven platform/channel with 35 million+ uniques per year.
2. Private Equity and investment firms (especially ones with a portfolio in community, media, platform, marketplace and similar) wanting to scale this up to 3x (100 million+ annual audience) and then roll-it up to a Strategic buyer (larger equity firm or end-user, strategic Brand).
3. Independent business builders/investors looking to build the platform, introduce monetization and sell for an "outrageous" multiple to a PE (Private Equity) firm or an end-user, strategic brand.
Asking Price Available On Request
Sales Available On Request
Profit Available On Request
You May Also Like
Android Game Portfolio with 40 Million Downloads #449727 posted Jul 18, 2016
For sale is an Android gaming business catering to users aged between 5-50. The account has been active on Google Play for the last 2 years. The business has had total downloads of over 40 million, with daily active user base of ~250,000-300,000. It serves all markets globally. Highlights & Key...
App Development Service Business - Top 10 Ranked #401485 posted Feb 26, 2016
For sale is top ranked business that provides custom mobile app development and web development services for clients with five years of history. They cover iOS and Android platform development. Their Unique Selling Proposition is they specialize in Social Networking apps. The business serves various...
Futures & Stocks Electronic Trading Courses #161251 posted Jan 19, 2009
- Between $2,500,000 and $5,000,000
Once in a lifetime opportunity to own worldwide rights to Electronic Trading Courses, for stocks, futures, foreign currencies, gold, t-notes, grains and all commodities. This widely known educational product was designed by a trusted, respected, international known name and veteran member of the Chicago...
Did you know that social networking is a great way to buy a business? Sign up now and we'll show you how.
Disclaimer: MergerNetwork has not independently verified any of the information in this listing and makes no warranty as to its accuracy or completeness.